Punto annoyance
Add Reply
R***@REMOVEntlworld.com
2005-03-20 20:12:50 UTC
I have recently bought a 1.2 Punto active, 11 months old, which has one
small annoying habit. (Yes, only one so far!) I am not going to mess around
with it too much, its still under warranty. I would like to know if anyone
else has had this and what causes it though. When changing up through the
gears, and only between 2000 and 3000 revs, and only when the engine is
warmed up, the revs hang for about half a second while the clutch is
depressed and the throttle pedal fully raised. It makes for some strange
sounding gear changes! Simply removing the right foot and waiting half a
second before depressing the clutch stops it being noticed, but it is
annoying. Any ideas, anyone?

David Farrant
Andy Hewitt
2005-03-20 20:52:14 UTC
Post by R***@REMOVEntlworld.com
I have recently bought a 1.2 Punto active, 11 months old, which has one
small annoying habit. (Yes, only one so far!) I am not going to mess around
with it too much, its still under warranty. I would like to know if anyone
else has had this and what causes it though. When changing up through the
gears, and only between 2000 and 3000 revs, and only when the engine is
warmed up, the revs hang for about half a second while the clutch is
depressed and the throttle pedal fully raised. It makes for some strange
sounding gear changes! Simply removing the right foot and waiting half a
second before depressing the clutch stops it being noticed, but it is
annoying. Any ideas, anyone?
Possibly a faulty throttle body, or it could have an air lock in the
cooling system, or both. The revs are supposed to hang up a small
amount, but not so much it affects gear changes.
--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
Honda Civic: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)
(updated Feb 21 2005)
R***@REMOVEntlworld.com
2005-03-20 21:44:55 UTC
Post by Andy Hewitt
Possibly a faulty throttle body, or it could have an air lock in the
cooling system, or both. The revs are supposed to hang up a small
amount, but not so much it affects gear changes.
--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
Honda Civic: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/thehewitts2/index.htm
(updated Feb 21 2005)
I will bleed the coolling system first, as that bit is simple enough. I did
look round for anything obvious, and there was nothing like trapped seals
under the air filter box or pipes off. If it wants anything more technical
it is off back to the dealler. It is very consistent in what it does, so I
suspect it will be something quite definite wrong with it. Apart from that
fault though, it works just fine. Thanks for your thoughts, I will let you
know how it works out, just for reference!

David Farrant
Andy Hewitt
2005-03-20 22:54:55 UTC
Post by Andy Hewitt
[...]
Take it to the dealer anyway, by messing with it yourself you could
cause problems with warranty. The car has 2 years warranty, so why not
use it.
(updated Feb 21 2005)
Martin Eva
2005-03-22 20:35:02 UTC
Thats interesting. I bought an 03 vectra 1.8 last year, and it does the
same. I was thinking about taking it to a dealer to look at but figured they
would say it was probably a characteristic and "they all do that sir"

Any idea why they are supposed to hang on a bit? Some emissions nonsense?

Martin
Andy Hewitt
2005-03-22 21:02:16 UTC
Post by Martin Eva
Thats interesting. I bought an 03 vectra 1.8 last year, and it does the
same. I was thinking about taking it to a dealer to look at but figured they
would say it was probably a characteristic and "they all do that sir"
It may well be.
Post by Martin Eva
Any idea why they are supposed to hang on a bit? Some emissions nonsense?
Possibly, they also damp the throttle closing to prevent stalling under
load.
(updated Feb 21 2005)
DK
2014-11-05 14:18:00 UTC
Post by R***@REMOVEntlworld.com
I have recently bought a 1.2 Punto active, 11 months old, which has one
small annoying habit. (Yes, only one so far!) I am not going to mess around
with it too much, its still under warranty. I would like to know if anyone
else has had this and what causes it though. When changing up through the
gears, and only between 2000 and 3000 revs, and only when the engine is
warmed up, the revs hang for about half a second while the clutch is
depressed and the throttle pedal fully raised. It makes for some strange
sounding gear changes! Simply removing the right foot and waiting half a
second before depressing the clutch stops it being noticed, but it is
annoying. Any ideas, anyone?
David Farrant
Hi
I have the same trouble on my fiat punto which is brand new .This is making me
really worried .Can you please let me know about how to get rid of this issue
if you had fixed it .thanks in advance
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/punto-annoyance-47689-.htm
using MotorsForum's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface t
uk.rec.cars.maintenance and other automotive groups
Tim+
2014-11-05 14:51:14 UTC
Post by DK
[...]
If it's new, it's under warranty. Take it to a dealer.

Better to start a new thread btw than tagging on to a 9 year old thread!

Tim
Neil scooby wag
2020-04-13 05:30:03 UTC
My god. You’ve all got a screw loose if you ask me. The guy asked dome or flat. You’re all giving him a copy of war and peace to read. I’m here for same reason but I think I’ll just look on YouTube. Loonies man. 🙄���
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/sump-plug-washer-does-it-matter-which-way-round-96114-.htm
Pete
2020-06-20 14:30:04 UTC
take off the door card, 3 screws and some push fittings. Drill out the two rivets and undo the three screws holding the lock on the outside edge of the door. pull off the weather protection at the lock end of the door. Inside you'll see or feel a protective metal plate which will be loose where the rivets held it in place before. The edge fixed to the door skin is just a mastic, so run a sharp knife down the join and that panel should lift out with a wiggle. The lock and handle are held in by clips which are easier to work out how to free up by gently pulling the lock mechanism towards you. unclip and lift out and you can finally access the electrical connector. Then degrease, clean and thoroughly lubricate the lock mechanism, and chances are that if you open up the motor housing and clean all the contacts where the parts move to activate the lock, your problem should be solved. Check the body to door wires for breaks too.. its a quarter turn connector between the two
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/ford-ka-central-locking-problem-help-15031-.htm
PJK
16 years FFS
Peter Hill
2020-06-20 17:30:13 UTC
Post by PJK
Post by Pete
[...]
It may be one of the 25K that are left from around 250K of the first gen
sold in UK.
Dave Plowman (News)
2020-06-20 17:30:39 UTC
Post by PJK
Post by Pete
[...]
Yes - it's a very thorough answer. To a question no one asked on here
within living memory. ;-)
--
*Why isn't there a special name for the back of your knee?

Dave Plowman ***@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Scionxa
2020-06-22 21:30:05 UTC
I realize this is a 10 year old post but did you ever figure out what was wrong? I have a Scion xa that is doing the EXACT same thing.
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/yaris-hesitation-when-cold-151826-.htm
Wayneo
2020-10-18 14:15:05 UTC
Have mazda 323 2.0 sport for sal
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/seeking-uk-mazda-owners-club-to-insure-a-323-23087-.htm
Brian Gaff (Sofa)
2020-10-18 20:25:15 UTC
Oh not another useless web based outfit pretending they own usenet.
Brian
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
***@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
Have mazda 323 2.0 sport for sale
Senan Fuchedzhiev
2021-01-23 17:31:35 UTC
Hi I am not sure if a pollen filter is located behind the glove box I am yet to find that out but, my Micra K11, 1994 has an A/C and the AC filter is located underneath the windshield, below the plastic trim where the windshield wipers are located its hard to get to but its there just in front of the passenger, from the middle of the car to the left. Its very had to find this filter its been 1 year and I still have not been able to find it. Its accessible from the outside from the engine bay
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/nissan-micra-cabin-air-filter-24813-.htm
Tim+
2021-01-25 10:51:10 UTC
Post by Senan Fuchedzhiev
Hi I am not sure if a pollen filter is located behind the glove box I am
yet to find that out but, my Micra K11, 1994 has an A/C and the AC filter
is located underneath the windshield, below the plastic trim where the
windshield wipers are located its hard to get to but its there just in
front of the passenger, from the middle of the car to the left. Its very
had to find this filter its been 1 year and I still have not been able to
find it. Its accessible from the outside from the engine bay.
After 16 years I suspect the OP no longer has the car.

Tim
Please don't feed the trolls
Senan Fuchedzhiev
2021-01-23 17:31:35 UTC
alan_m

LJ
2021-03-08 02:45:04 UTC
High John, now that Daewoo are no longer around as a company do you know how i could go about getting this same service? My 03 Kalos is having the same symptoms as discussed
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/daewoo-lanos-high-idle-speed-69461-.htm
Richard Elliot
2021-03-16 19:15:03 UTC
I've got no indicators, brake lights or wipers but hazards work fine? None of what I'm looking at regarding fuses and relays is making sense with diagrams. Is it stalks? Brake lights tho? Is it a relay? Both?
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/peugeot-106-fuse-box-40477-.htm
Dave Plowman (News)
2021-03-17 01:02:49 UTC
Post by Richard Elliot
I've got no indicators, brake lights or wipers but hazards work fine?
None of what I'm looking at regarding fuses and relays is making sense
with diagrams. Is it stalks? Brake lights tho? Is it a relay? Both?
Hazards are always on a different circuit, to work with the ignition off.

Ignition switches often have two circuits. One for the engine, and one for
the things also switched by the ignition. Are all those things dead?
--
*Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you? *

Keenan
2021-06-18 03:45:03 UTC
I have also have a audi 80 b3 v6 but my headlights turn signals wipers honk dont work any idea how to fix it...already checked fuses and relay
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/resetting-the-ecu-in-my-audi-133088-.htm
Cursitor Doom
2021-06-20 08:59:01 UTC
On Fri, 18 Jun 2021 03:45:03 +0000, Keenan
I have also have a audi 80 b3 v6 but my headlights turn signals wipers honk dont work any idea how to fix it...already checked fuses and relays
In more sane times, that would have fixed it. Nowadays you're expected
to book it in to a main dealer for a computer hook-up. Madness.
Try removing one battery lead and shorting it out against the other
for a moment. That sometimes does the trick.
JoeKaCode
2021-07-10 05:15:03 UTC
I realise this is an ancient thread and I might have more luck praying to Odin, but (without describing my current poverty) any help with a code for a UK Ford Ka 2008 -V022657- would earn my eternal gratitude
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/car-radio-codes-eg-ford-blaupunkt-133957-.htm
funuserr
2021-08-09 04:45:03 UTC
VWZ4Z2K1415094B
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/free-car-radio-codes-decodes-137525-.htm
Emmanuel
2021-09-13 03:01:16 UTC
Ye
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/ford-focus-no-start-immobilizer-problem-68307-.htm
MAT-OFF-ROAD
2021-09-29 03:31:10 UTC
is it can fit pcd 6x139.7, bead lock wheels
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/alloy-wheels-79366-.htm
Callum
2021-10-20 05:45:02 UTC
Is this the solution to the problem? As I have the same issue, and a message pops up on the dash saying “engine system fault” thank
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/ford-focus-no-start-immobilizer-problem-68307-.htm
bodgerbloke52
2021-10-20 05:45:02 UTC
How do I check valve clearance on the single OHC 1.7 engine, I am compete baffled in the Pacific N
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/morris-ital-estate-16700-.htm
akin4nife@yahoo.com
2022-01-25 05:15:03 UTC
My is manual gear if engage the gear it will but my turtle pedal is not working just moving on running slo
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/seat-toledo-auto-power-loss-37678-.htm
Roger Mills
2022-01-25 13:20:09 UTC
Post by ***@yahoo.com
My is manual gear if engage the gear it will but my turtle pedal is not
working just moving on running slow
If it turns turtle it isn't going to go very fast on its roof!
--
Cheers,
Roger
Aarn
2022-03-16 20:31:10 UTC
Ye
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/ford-focus-no-start-immobilizer-problem-68307-.htm
Eba
2022-06-11 04:15:03 UTC
10 Ford galaxy engine low mileag
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/which-galaxy-engine-6095-.htm
Eba
2022-06-11 04:15:03 UTC
mert
2022-06-13 16:02:13 UTC
Could you help me about this problem? ı have a ford escort 1.6 clx. I have the same problem like you. When you push the gas pedal, the engine does not accelerate and exhaust emissions are too high. What can ı do for this problem
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/ford-zetec-problems-97907-.htm
alan_m
2022-06-15 11:05:24 UTC
Post by mert
Could you help me about this problem? ı have a ford escort 1.6 clx. I
have the same problem like you. When you push the gas pedal, the engine
does not accelerate and exhaust emissions are too high. What can ı do
for this problem?
Put petrol in the tank instead of gas?
Brian
2022-07-24 03:31:13 UTC
I booked a new windscreen, a few days before the appointed day and i hadn't heard anything I phoned autoglass. they claimed they had tried to contact me but couldnt?? Basically they needed some more details on the type of windscreen as there are a few different types. eventually they said they didint have it in stock, would contact all the depots to see if anyone had one, and if not would order one. Of course no depot had one in stock but this time I did receive a text to say it was now on back order with no ETA!! That was 2 weeks ago and they took my £95.00 insurance. Im not sure if I can cancel and 'shop' elsewhere or just wait for an indefinite time in the hope my windscreen arrives. its only a Hyundai Kona (2020) nothing special
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/autoglass-refunds-6658-.htm
Abandoned_Trolley
2022-07-24 11:15:32 UTC
Post by Brian
I booked a new windscreen, a few days before the appointed day and i
hadn't heard anything I phoned autoglass. they claimed they had tried to
contact me but couldnt?? Basically they needed some more details on the
type of windscreen as there are a few different types. eventually they
said they didint have it in stock, would contact all the depots to see
if anyone had one, and if not would order one. Of course no depot had
one in stock but this time I did receive a text to say it was now on
back order with no ETA!! That was 2 weeks ago and they took my £95.00
insurance. Im not sure if I can cancel and 'shop' elsewhere or just wait
for an indefinite time in the hope my windscreen arrives. its only a
Hyundai Kona (2020) nothing special.
Some relatively mundane pieces of glass are surprisingly rare.

I once had a Ford Escort in a strange green colour, with a slight tint
on all the glass.

I had to wait for more than a month before anybody could find a
replacement rear quarter light tinted in the correct colour.

I also recently had a replacement windscreen fitted by Autoglass (also
£95) and found them very helpful and efficient so ...

Have you checked your junk email box ?

And, you might get a few more responses if you start your own thread,
instead of tacking something on to a completely unrelated post.

AT
random signature text inserted here
Tim+
2022-07-24 11:41:34 UTC
Post by Abandoned_Trolley
Post by Brian
[...]
Well I wouldn’t expect a tinted quarter-light to part of any company’s
regular stock but we’re talking about a windscreen here. A Kona isn’t a
particularly exotic car…

Tim
Please don't feed the trolls
Abandoned_Trolley
2022-07-24 15:13:38 UTC
A Kona isn’t a particularly exotic car…
and a Ford Escort is even less exotic

but as I suggested earlier, you might get a few more sensible responses
by starting a thread of your own
random signature text inserted here
Brian
2022-07-24 19:57:41 UTC
Post by Brian
I booked a new windscreen, a few days before the appointed day and i
hadn't heard anything I phoned autoglass. they claimed they had tried to
contact me but couldnt?? Basically they needed some more details on the
type of windscreen as there are a few different types. eventually they
said they didint have it in stock, would contact all the depots to see if
anyone had one, and if not would order one. Of course no depot had one in
stock but this time I did receive a text to say it was now on back order
with no ETA!! That was 2 weeks ago and they took my £95.00 insurance. Im
not sure if I can cancel and 'shop' elsewhere or just wait for an
indefinite time in the hope my windscreen arrives. its only a Hyundai
Kona (2020) nothing special.
Years ago, I needed a new windscreen. While it was covered by insurance, I
enquired at the local main dealer ( the screen was heated and tinted, a Mk3
Escort Ghia) Their price was a fraction of Autoglass and they did it all
but immediately. (I think 60% + cheaper)

The insurance company were a bit difficult. I assume they had a deal with
autoglass which massively undercut the price the quoted me but they coughed
up.
Dave Plowman (News)
2022-07-27 15:23:28 UTC
The rear screen on my SD1 shattered some years ago. No idea why.

Was insured, and the insurance insisted I use Autoglass.

They said the correct colour one (bronze) was NLA. A pal in the trade
found one in the Autoglass central warehouse. Auto glass said it was only
for a Vitesse. (All S2 are the same, apart from colour and bronze used on
several models)

They eventually agreed to have it sent. It was replaced at home while I
watched. It was fitted bone dry using the old rubber seal (which is easy
to get new)

Of course it leaked.

Had to take it do a depot. They agreed to fit a new seal if I bought and
paid for it.

Wasn't allowed to see them fit it. But they scratched the paint badly in
two places removing it. And it leaked again afterwards too.

Ended up paying a local company to do the job properly - as per the BL
manual - using a sealer between body and seal, and seal to glass.

Bunch of absolute wankers.
--
*Some days we are the flies; some days we are the windscreen.*

Stu
2022-12-01 04:31:26 UTC
I have a 2010 ford fucus it only starts when it wants too. I've replaced relay starter is good battery is good. HEL
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/ford-focus-no-start-immobilizer-problem-68307-.htm
Brian
2022-12-01 11:17:53 UTC
Post by Stu
I have a 2010 ford fucus it only starts when it wants too. I've replaced
relay starter is good battery is good. HELP
What happens when you attempt to start it?

Does it ‘turn over’?

Does it ‘fire’ - ie appear to ignite fuel but not run?

If you turn the lights on and try, what happens?
Stu
2022-12-01 19:45:04 UTC
Everything comes on . As I said sometimes it starts onther times nothing at all no turn over nothing but all lights come on . Crazy ���
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/ford-focus-no-start-immobilizer-problem-68307-.htm
Ian Jackson
2022-12-01 20:10:27 UTC
In message
Post by Stu
Everything comes on . As I said sometimes it starts onther times
nothing at all no turn over nothing but all lights come on . Crazy 0
Bad connection to the starter motor, or to the starter solenoid, or bad
solenoid itself? Or could it be the ignition key, if there are separate
contacts for the starter solenoid? Does it start if you do a 'bump
start'.
Ian
Brian
2022-12-01 20:15:57 UTC
If you turn the head lights on and try to start it, what happens?
Tim+
2022-12-01 22:02:33 UTC
Post by Stu
Everything comes on . As I said sometimes it starts onther times nothing
at all no turn over nothing but all lights come on . Crazy 🤪
You made no mention of lights before. Big difference. We’re not psychic.

Tim
Please don't feed the trolls
Brian
2022-12-02 10:43:54 UTC
Post by Tim+
Post by Stu
Everything comes on . As I said sometimes it starts onther times nothing
at all no turn over nothing but all lights come on . Crazy 🤪
You made no mention of lights before. Big difference. We’re not psychic.
Tim
I’m trying to discover if he means headlights or dashlights ( ignition
etc).

He isn’t giving enough information.
Stu
2022-12-02 15:31:26 UTC
Everything works but sometimes no start thinking it chip in key or wire under drivers seat for alarm . I'm doing more trouble shooting today. New relay starter was tested new switch behind where key switch is . Could be running hot but not over heating. I'm a shade tree mechanic these newer cars and computers. The alarm box for doors locking .push bottom been gone for months . I'ma tryin
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/ford-focus-no-start-immobilizer-problem-68307-.htm
alan_m
2022-12-01 22:59:56 UTC
Post by Stu
Everything comes on . As I said sometimes it starts onther times nothing
at all no turn over nothing but all lights come on . Crazy 🤪
The starter relay could be sticking or the relay contacts failing.

The relay is in the fuse box in the engine compartment

When it fails to start next time try tapping the top of Relay with the
handle of a screwdriver and then try and restart the car.

R8 (relay 8) = ignition
R13 (relay 13) = starter

See

Jibb
2022-12-14 00:02:41 UTC
My 1995 laguna is the same, but the red is down and its on the top after 30 sekonds, stock in the radiatorwas one idea, waterpump, all shitbrown water, and lots of air in the system. Need vacuum, level the car or dont buy frensch car. Can even be a bad headgasket sometime
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/laguna-temperature-gauge-fault-62789-.htm
Motors Advisor
2023-01-25 20:30:05 UTC
Can anyone tell me the sequence to programme a Clio spare key, I am reluctant to pay the dealers cost if this is an easy operation.
The process for programming a spare key for a Renault Clio can vary depending on the year and model of the vehicle. However, here is the general sequence of steps for programming a spare key for a Renault Clio:

Insert the first key into the ignition and turn it to the ON position (not the start position)

Press the unlock button on the first key and hold it down

Press the lock button on the second key and hold it down

Release both buttons simultaneously

Turn the first key to the OFF position and remove it from the ignition

Insert the second key into the ignition and turn it to the ON position

Press the lock button on the second key

Turn the second key to the OFF position and remove it from the ignition

The spare key should now be programmed and should work with the vehicle

It is important to note that the sequence and the steps may vary depending on the version of the Clio you have, it is best to check the owner's manual or contact the Renault's customer service for the correct sequence
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/clio-spare-key-102639-.htm
Bobh
2023-03-07 07:28:08 UTC
As a last resort with the jets removed I have found soaking in half a cup of brick acid and using a piece of fuse wire to unblock the holes worked for me. Only use as a last resort though and keep the brick acid well away from paintwork your eyes and children (and stupid adults). It might damage the plastic body though, hence last resort
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/blocked-washer-jets-viakal-any-use-164857-.htm
BINGA
2023-03-28 17:45:03 UTC
JACK DID YOU MANAGE TO GET INTO YOUR BMW BOOT LID IF SO HOW I HAVE SAME PROBLEM AS YOU
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/bmw-3-series-e90-emergency-boot-release-179137-.htm
Vic
2023-04-11 23:32:46 UTC
Yes, it does
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/ford-focus-no-start-immobilizer-problem-68307-.htm
Wolverine
2023-04-20 01:45:04 UTC
Get a odb2 bluetooth adapter, connect yo your phone and use torque to read the throttle position.
if pulling at full throttle, torque reads anything BUT 100%, then it's your throttle positioning sensor. Clean it our or replace it
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/fiesta-1-25-zetec-labours-above-4000-rpm-solutions-56647-.htm
alan_m
2023-04-20 07:00:05 UTC
Post by Wolverine
Get a odb2 bluetooth adapter, connect yo your phone and use torque to
read the throttle position. if pulling at full throttle, torque reads
anything BUT 100%, then it's your throttle positioning sensor. Clean it
our or replace it.
Or a obd2 to usb adapter and use Forscan
https://forscan.org/home.html

Both Forscan (for Ford based cars) and the Torque apps are good.
Tim+
2023-04-20 17:39:35 UTC
Post by alan_m
Post by Wolverine
Get a odb2 bluetooth adapter, connect yo your phone and use torque to
read the throttle position. if pulling at full throttle, torque reads
anything BUT 100%, then it's your throttle positioning sensor. Clean it
our or replace it.
Or a obd2 to usb adapter and use Forscan
https://forscan.org/home.html
Both Forscan (for Ford based cars) and the Torque apps are good.
Great advice, 17 years late.

Tim
Please don't feed the trolls
kovac111
2023-04-25 06:02:31 UTC
blaupunkt
gm0300v420144
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/car-radio-codes-eg-ford-blaupunkt-133957-.htm
Tim+
2023-04-25 06:29:27 UTC
Post by JoeKaCode
blaupunkt
gm0300v4201447
Gesundheit.

Tim
Please don't feed the trolls
BoxesOfKnives
2023-05-10 13:02:23 UTC
Nice website! I'm gonna post a picture of my Ford Muster there.
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/re-www-ratemyute-com-89379-.htm
Bobo
2023-07-29 16:15:03 UTC
The window control box is on the door panel on the UK R20. There have been some on ebay secondhand for about £50. I have exactly the same problem. This box is the likely problem. Swap one from another door and see if it changes the behaviour.
Nuisance that it only goes fully up or fully down. Passenger door does NOT do this. That issue of intermittency may be a poor supply out of this control box! Could be a simply naff relay in that box increasing the circuit resistance.
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/leccy-window-problem-51164-.htm
Tim+
2023-07-29 17:11:39 UTC
Post by Bobo
The window control box is on the door panel on the UK R20. There have
been some on ebay secondhand for about £50. I have exactly the same
problem. This box is the likely problem. Swap one from another door and
see if it changes the behaviour.
Nuisance that it only goes fully up or fully down. Passenger door does
NOT do this. That issue of intermittency may be a poor supply out of this
control box! Could be a simply naff relay in that box increasing the circuit resistance.
After 18 years I think it will be on the scrap heap.

Tim
Please don't feed the trolls
Dan
2023-08-09 01:02:01 UTC
What was the problem
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/mitsubishi-colt-oil-leak-82873-.htm
Theo
2023-08-09 09:55:27 UTC
What was the problem ?
No idea. That car went to scrap 15 years ago.
I just added oil until the car failed its MOT due to rust.
Hewlitt
2023-09-03 22:00:04 UTC
Not usually, I have only ever been asked once by Devitt insurance, Hastings is hit or miss from what I've heard
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/do-insurance-co-always-check-proof-of-ncb-61767-.htm
alan_m
2023-09-04 07:06:59 UTC
Post by Hewlitt
Not usually, I have only ever been asked once by Devitt insurance,
Hastings is hit or miss from what I've heard.
The various companies may share this type of information. In the past
I've had a email stating that my NCB has been validated without me
having to provide any proof*.

There is also the possibility that many of the insurance company names
you see advertised are all part of the same group or holding company.
Also bear in mind that you are not necessarily buying insurance from
Tesco, Coo-op, the AA, Swinton etc. as these are just the middlemen and
your insurance may be from a bigger company (or the owned by the same
holding company providing all the services to these brokers).

You may also find that lying when asked about your NCB may invalidate
your insurance if you make a claim.

I do know that when applying for insurance that your credit record may
be checked.

When applying to drive, or hire a car, on the insurance provided by my
one time employer I was made aware that they could electronically check
things like the driving record with just the licence number (points on
licence etc.)

*With a financial product arranged over the phone I was told that my
identity had been fully electronically checked after I had only given
some basic details.
Franjay
2023-09-15 18:15:04 UTC
I had a technician overfill my oil. A couple of hours later I drove a short distance.
Plumes of white smoke began to billow from underneath car and exhaust. Oil was also being sprayed from the exhaust pipe.
Car stayed on high revs even with the ignition off and key out. Had to stall it to stop.
Question is, is my car kaput ?
It’s a 61 plat
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/over-filled-oil-on-astra-diesel-advice-175946-.htm
JCapirote
2023-10-10 08:00:05 UTC
Did you ever sort this? Currently the same situation, can see the garage has fitted a new afm, temperature sensor, new leads (I replaced with NGK) new plugs, one plug had a severely broken external insulator so I’ve replaced it again, I haven’t yet checked the pipe after afm (tomorrow’s little job), not sure about the coil pack. Latest was the fuel pressure regulator which although improving it immensely isn’t right and will buck and misfire if anything close to full throttle is used. Before I replaced the fuel pressure regulator the revs would drop severely at idle, removing the vacuum pipe resolved this but would misfire unless very light throttle was used
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/help-escort-96-erratic-revs-misfire-85651-.htm
marjan1200
2023-10-16 13:15:04 UTC
I hawe also problem with worming up engine. I decide to change termostat and I hope that failor will be removed and solved.
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/daewoo-lanos-high-idle-speed-69461-.htm
Adriqn
2024-05-27 18:45:03 UTC
BP04125547482
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/car-radio-codes-eg-ford-blaupunkt-133957-.htm
Tim+
2024-05-27 19:56:31 UTC
BP041255474826
Gesundheit.

Tim
Please don't feed the trolls
Juan
2024-05-29 15:30:03 UTC
Good day sorry to budge in on this thread my car does the same now aswell after I replaced the dephaser and timing. So I wanted to know is this applicable on the 2.0 F4R engine aswell
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/megane-stalling-at-4000rpm-and-hard-acceleration-117117-.htm
Conman62
2024-06-17 15:00:03 UTC
Thank you John....Thank you very much.
I too had a very high idling issue on my 1997 1.6LTR Daewoo Nubira.
It was idling high at 1600rpmfor a few weeks now and this afternoon it suddenly jumped to 3500rpm!
Finding your idle speed control valve / ignition disconnect/connect procedure above completely fixed the problem.
Mate, you're a champion!
Thanks once again from Adelaide, South Australia
Cheers,
Con
30/05/202
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/daewoo-lanos-high-idle-speed-69461-.htm
paul
2024-06-24 00:15:03 UTC
Sprinter W907 radio code please

VTWADVK3108889
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/free-car-radio-codes-decodes-137525-.htm
Lisa
2024-08-26 12:15:04 UTC
Hello.

Can anyone help with a car radio code please seat?

sez1z3L020064
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/free-car-radio-codes-decodes-137525-.htm
Jack
2024-08-27 22:30:04 UTC
Radio code needed for BMW 2001 Z3 Blaupunkt Model 6512909884. Are you still able to help retrieve radio codes
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/free-car-radio-codes-decodes-137525-.htm
lovre
2024-08-30 12:15:03 UTC
GM040023254626 Opel Astra G Phillips 40
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/free-car-radio-codes-decodes-137525-.htm
Ratdrayton
2024-08-30 12:15:03 UTC
Blaupunkt gmbh

BP632967477885

7 646 329 31
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/free-car-radio-codes-decodes-137525-.htm
Kobus de Flamingh
2024-09-09 12:30:03 UTC
How to fix proble
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/fuel-gauge-not-working-on-my-daewoo-lanos-1-6i-sx-180334-.htm
Dqueennb
2024-09-10 10:45:03 UTC
Hello there! I have lost my car radio code and I would appreciate your help. It is Fiat 500 Blaupunkt radio, here are all the serial numbers written in the back:
BLAUPUNKT GMBH
Made in Portugal
815BP638389551347
Fiat 312 MP3 SB05
7 646 383 316
e 1 034502

Thanks in advance
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/car-radio-codes-eg-ford-blaupunkt-133957-.htm
asasingigi
2024-09-25 14:15:03 UTC
BP638389551347 / 114
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/car-radio-codes-eg-ford-blaupunkt-133957-.htm
Happy
2024-09-16 12:15:04 UTC
Can I do an upgrade on i
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/rover-620-44055-.htm
alfapat
2024-10-14 14:00:05 UTC
Its off an Alfa Romeo BP03782268573
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/car-radio-codes-eg-ford-blaupunkt-133957-.htm
Caz
2016-11-03 00:17:59 UTC
replying to REMOVEd.farrant, Caz wrote:
Sounds like cluch is about to go

for full context, visit http://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/re-punto-annoyance-180718-.htm
Peter Hill
2016-11-04 20:36:44 UTC
Post by Caz
Sounds like cluch is about to go
Originally posted on March 20, 2005, 8:12 pm

11 month old Punto was hardly likely to have a failed clutch.

By now it should be a cube.
Antjp
2016-11-04 18:18:00 UTC
replying to REMOVEd.farrant, Antjp wrote:
The revs hang on purpose on volvos to aid smooth the ride, it makes a smoot
ride even for people who go on and of the throttle harshly. Also stops the
revs falling when gas is released clutch is depressed and next gear is
selected to prevent it snatching. All to make a smooth ride.
I know it's not a Volvo but it could have the same method in its madness
--
for full context, visit http://www.motorsforum.com/maintenance-uk/punto-annoyance-47689-.htm