ford Focus estate rear light removal
TMC
2008-09-15 20:18:17 UTC
Hi all

Need to replace nearside brake light on Son's T Plate focus estate

Had a quick look tonight have found 2 screws on the outside removed them but
lighting cluster still seemed fixed

Can't see any easy access from the inside, have looked inside the panel and
can see the back of the bulb holder but can't get at it

What am I missing apart from the owners manual?

Tony
Chris Whelan
2008-09-15 20:42:22 UTC
Post by TMC
Hi all
Need to replace nearside brake light on Son's T Plate focus estate
Had a quick look tonight have found 2 screws on the outside removed them
but lighting cluster still seemed fixed
Can't see any easy access from the inside, have looked inside the panel
and can see the back of the bulb holder but can't get at it
What am I missing apart from the owners manual?
Tony
Handbook says remove two screws, then gently pull the housing towards the
outside.

Haynes says undo the two securing screws from the side of the cluster, and
unclip outwards to remove.

BTW, there is a NG dedicated to the Focus at alt.autos.ford.focus.

HTH

Chris
Remove prejudice to reply.
TMC
2008-09-15 20:55:03 UTC
Post by Chris Whelan
Post by TMC
Hi all
Need to replace nearside brake light on Son's T Plate focus estate
Had a quick look tonight have found 2 screws on the outside removed them
but lighting cluster still seemed fixed
Can't see any easy access from the inside, have looked inside the panel
and can see the back of the bulb holder but can't get at it
What am I missing apart from the owners manual?
Tony
Handbook says remove two screws, then gently pull the housing towards the
outside.
Haynes says undo the two securing screws from the side of the cluster, and
unclip outwards to remove.
BTW, there is a NG dedicated to the Focus at alt.autos.ford.focus.
HTH
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.
Thanks for this

Had not realised that focus had its own NG will have a look

Tony
Chris Whelan
2008-09-15 21:04:36 UTC
Post by TMC
Post by Chris Whelan
Post by TMC
[...]
It doesn't get that many posts these days, but the archive is useful for
some of the regular faults.

Chris
Remove prejudice to reply.
Mrcheerful
2008-09-16 06:53:33 UTC
Post by TMC
Hi all
Need to replace nearside brake light on Son's T Plate focus estate
Had a quick look tonight have found 2 screws on the outside removed
them but lighting cluster still seemed fixed
Can't see any easy access from the inside, have looked inside the
panel and can see the back of the bulb holder but can't get at it
What am I missing apart from the owners manual?
Tony
with the screws out you just pull backwards. there are two 'push in' lugs
that are holding it. On re-install I put some grease on them so that next
time it is easier.
melvyn sharpe
time it is easier.
Dave Plowman (News)
2022-03-06 13:51:58 UTC
Post by TMC
Hi all
Need to replace nearside brake light on Son's T Plate focus estate
Had a quick look tonight have found 2 screws on the outside removed
them but lighting cluster still seemed fixed
Can't see any easy access from the inside, have looked inside the
panel and can see the back of the bulb holder but can't get at it
What am I missing apart from the owners manual?
Tony
with the screws out you just pull backwards. there are two 'push in'
lugs that are holding it. On re-install I put some grease on them so
that next time it is easier.
Likely scrapped by now - some 14 years later?
--
*Velcro - what a rip off!*

Dave Plowman ***@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.