Pirelli in short supply?
GB
2022-11-11 13:10:17 UTC
My car has Pirelli P7 tyres, and one is worn. It's almost impossible to
find a supplier of the size I need. Is there some particular reason for
this, or just general supply chain problems?
Roger Mills
2022-11-11 19:53:03 UTC
Post by GB
My car has Pirelli P7 tyres, and one is worn. It's almost impossible to
find a supplier of the size I need.  Is there some particular reason for
this, or just general supply chain problems?
Do you need an unusual size?

Have you tried Black Circles - they appear to have P7's in a wide range
of sizes?

See:
https://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/brands/pirelli/p7-cinturato#anchorAllSizes
--
Cheers,
Roger
GB
2022-11-12 11:50:06 UTC
Post by Roger Mills
Post by GB
My car has Pirelli P7 tyres, and one is worn. It's almost impossible
to find a supplier of the size I need.  Is there some particular
reason for this, or just general supply chain problems?
Do you need an unusual size?
Have you tried Black Circles - they appear to have P7's in a wide range
of sizes?
https://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/brands/pirelli/p7-cinturato#anchorAllSizes
Yes, they do have my size. £150 seems like a lot to me, though, and I
was wondering why there's not more competition.

I asked one of the tyre places, and they say there's not much stock around.
Fredxx
2022-11-13 00:11:14 UTC
Post by GB
Post by Roger Mills
Post by GB
My car has Pirelli P7 tyres, and one is worn. It's almost impossible
to find a supplier of the size I need.  Is there some particular
reason for this, or just general supply chain problems?
Do you need an unusual size?
Have you tried Black Circles - they appear to have P7's in a wide
range of sizes?
https://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/brands/pirelli/p7-cinturato#anchorAllSizes
Yes, they do have my size. £150 seems like a lot to me, though, and I
was wondering why there's not more competition.
I asked one of the tyre places, and they say there's not much stock around.
Unless it's a problem with the manufacture of tyres I find exotic tyre
sizes go in circles. High price initially -> then low price because few
cars are manufactured to take the size and stocks are abundant (they do
have a shelf-life) -> high price as stock isn't replaced.

Any reason why you specifically want a Pirelli? There are other makes.
Perhaps Pirelli have stopped manufacturing them through lack of demand?
GB
2022-11-13 13:14:01 UTC
Post by Fredxx
Post by GB
Post by Roger Mills
Post by GB
[...]
The plan was just to replace one, as the others were not flagged up in
the last MOT. Looking round the car, they are all looking a tad elderly,
so maybe now's the time to shell out £500, say, and replace them all? If
so, I have no idea which tyres to get?

There's no spare, btw.
Roger Mills
2022-11-14 14:07:58 UTC
Post by GB
The plan was just to replace one, as the others were not flagged up in
the last MOT. Looking round the car, they are all looking a tad elderly,
so maybe now's the time to shell out £500, say, and replace them all? If
so, I have no idea which tyres to get?
There's no spare, btw.
In that case, have you considered Runflat tyres?
--
Cheers,
Roger
Dave Plowman (News)
2022-11-13 14:48:47 UTC
Post by GB
My car has Pirelli P7 tyres, and one is worn. It's almost impossible to
find a supplier of the size I need. Is there some particular reason for
this, or just general supply chain problems?
I needed a new set a few months ago. Pirelli were on special offer at
Kwikfit.
--
*I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe*

Dave Plowman ***@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.