Conspiracy?
Dave Plowman (News)
2022-07-22 15:57:43 UTC
Got a PCN for entering the ULEZ. My fault - and expecting it.

Except it never arrived.

Just the final demand for £240 or court to recover it.

When you are informed of a PCN (by post) it's 80 quid if paid within 14
days or 160 quid if you leave it longer. Ignore it and it becomes 240.
Only a fool wouldn't chose to pay the 80 quid (unless contesting it)

Pretty well every London motorist knows this.

Mentioned it on local social media and it seems I'm far from the only one.

So a nice little scam. Don't send the PCN which will cost you 80 quid, but
only send the final demand and they get 240.

Wrote to TFL explaining I'd not received the original. Reply was, in
essence, a standard letter saying tough.
--
*TEAMWORK...means never having to take all the blame yourself *

Dave Plowman ***@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
alan_m
2022-07-22 19:07:24 UTC
Post by Dave Plowman (News)
Got a PCN for entering the ULEZ. My fault - and expecting it.
Except it never arrived.
Just the final demand for £240 or court to recover it.
When you are informed of a PCN (by post) it's 80 quid if paid within 14
days or 160 quid if you leave it longer. Ignore it and it becomes 240.
Only a fool wouldn't chose to pay the 80 quid (unless contesting it)
It's not unknown for RM to take more than 14 days to deliver mail around
my way. According to ex-postmen (plural) on the local social media there
is massive staffing problems with a high turnover of inexperience staff.
Brian
2022-07-22 19:37:29 UTC
Post by Dave Plowman (News)
Got a PCN for entering the ULEZ. My fault - and expecting it.
Except it never arrived.
Just the final demand for £240 or court to recover it.
When you are informed of a PCN (by post) it's 80 quid if paid within 14
days or 160 quid if you leave it longer. Ignore it and it becomes 240.
Only a fool wouldn't chose to pay the 80 quid (unless contesting it)
Pretty well every London motorist knows this.
Mentioned it on local social media and it seems I'm far from the only one.
So a nice little scam. Don't send the PCN which will cost you 80 quid, but
only send the final demand and they get 240.
Wrote to TFL explaining I'd not received the original. Reply was, in
essence, a standard letter saying tough.
It is just Labour’s version of Social Justice, at least according to Khan.

;-)
RJH
2022-07-22 20:21:45 UTC
Post by Dave Plowman (News)
Got a PCN for entering the ULEZ. My fault - and expecting it.
Except it never arrived.
Just the final demand for £240 or court to recover it.
When you are informed of a PCN (by post) it's 80 quid if paid within 14
days or 160 quid if you leave it longer. Ignore it and it becomes 240.
Only a fool wouldn't chose to pay the 80 quid (unless contesting it)
Pretty well every London motorist knows this.
Mentioned it on local social media and it seems I'm far from the only one.
So a nice little scam. Don't send the PCN which will cost you 80 quid, but
only send the final demand and they get 240.
Wrote to TFL explaining I'd not received the original. Reply was, in
essence, a standard letter saying tough.
Sounds very dodgy to me - especially as it's corroborated. I'd suggest asking
on a uk legal forum (I use uk.legal.moderated) or maybe a CAB or solicitor.
--
Cheers, Rob