Electric seat adjustment fault
Tim+
2022-03-29 16:21:42 UTC
2020 Kia Soul EV

My wife wanted to adjust the seat back to make it more upright but the seat
wouldn’t move that way, only recline, not go up.

I thought it might be a faulty switch but thankfully discovered that if I
reclined the seat fully and then tried bringing it back up, it would work.

It only goes up once though. If I pause on the way up the switch stops
working again and I have to fully recline it again and start again.

Fortunate that I can work around the issue but annoying.

Anyone any idea what might have gone wrong? Obviously still under warranty
but just curious about the way it’s sort of working now.

Clearly the switch does work but for some reason only after the seat has
been fully reclined and then it only works once.

Car has been turned off and on many times but a “re-boot” hasn’t made any
difference.

Tim
Please don't feed the trolls
John Henderson
This has all the hallmarks of a software bug, AKA a "feature".
Tim+
2022-03-30 06:36:19 UTC
Post by John Henderson
Post by Tim+
[...]
That’s why I tried it after turning off and on. Odd for a new bug to just
“appear” in a car. It’s always worked perfectly before.

Tim
Please don't feed the trolls
Roger Mills
2022-03-30 19:42:52 UTC
Post by Tim+
Post by John Henderson
Post by Tim+
[...]
Could it be that it's losing track of the current position, but relining
it fully resets it - until it stops again?
--
Cheers,
Roger